Native American Science & Engineering Program Application 2019-2020
Summer dates: June 9-15, 2019
Summer Location: University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Yearlong Commitment: June 2019-April2020
Priority deadline: February 15, 2019 11:59pm Tucson time
Late applications will be accepted until March 27, 2019 - Admission for those applying late will be considered based on available space. To be the most competitive, students are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline.
Once you begin your application, the application page will automatically save your responses as long as you enter the application using the same device, are using the same browser, and have not cleared your browser history since starting the application. If you are using a public computer, you should finish your application and upload all of your documents in one sitting. Below you will find the links to both the online application and supporting documents. The essays are provided for reference as students are highly encouraged to write their essays in a writing program like Microsoft Word prior to beginning the online application. After the essays are completed, essays can be copied and pasted into the appropriate essay box. The Counselor Form needs to be printed, signed by a parent/guardian, and given to your counselor to fill out. All supporting documents should be uploaded into the Supporting Documents link. We understand that not all tribal communities have access to the internet or devices to complete online applications. If you are in need of a paper copy of the application, please contact our office immediately so that we can get the document to you.
- Complete required essays and save them in Microsoft Word or some other writing program
- Download the Counselor Form, have it signed by your parents, and then completed by your counselor
- Visit the online participant application. At the end of the application, you will copy and paste your essays into the appropriate essay box. Make sure you save the PDF copy of your submission.
- Determine who your nominator will be. Ask the person if they are willing to write a nomination letter for you, and collect their name and email after you receive their permission.
- After collecting all of your required supporting documents and nominator's information, visit the Supporting Documents upload page to upload your files and input your nominator's information. You will need a scanner or a phone application that will clearly scan or photograph documents.
- Important Final Step: Send an email to email@example.com to ensure that all of your documents have been received
- Online participant application and essays
- Supporting Documents upload page
- Transcripts of your high school coursework (unofficial will be accepted, but official will be requested after acceptance)
- Proof of Tribal Enrollment or descent, if applicable
- Nominator Form (have your nominator's name and email ready)
- Counselor Form (Must be uploaded to the supporting documents page; have your counselor's name and email ready)
- Copy of PSAT/SAT/ACT scores (if available)